Resolved

New Year Resoluton. Oh how many people actually tried and completely forgotten about it in a few days after making it. I admit that I'm not the most dedicated of people, I'm lazy and I procrastinate a lot, so usually I won't do New Year Resolutions unless asked to (usually by teachers trying to make us better) and when I have something to actually look forward to.

Last year, the resolutions that I can still remember is to continue on loving and never having problems with my relationship with my girlfriend............we broke up on that particular year. I want to work out and get back in shape and actually gain weight to make myself look more presentable to the real world. The fact that I'm in college living on instant noodles and porridge due to money shortage proves that it was yet another failed resolution. I did work out here and there, but I'm still as thin as a stick. And I think I've grown weaker and unable to do stuffs I usually did without any problem before. I wanted to write a book, yet I ended up leaving my skill in fiction-writing rust and I can't even write a simple short story without struggling with writer block.

Heh, I can make a list of unresolved New Year Resolutions I've made each year and it still won't cover how much of a sloath I am in changing my own life towards better grades. Yet I've also managed to get closer to people I want to be close with, gain new trusted friends that I care about, learn the hardship of life and gain a new variety of music in my playlist. I learn who cares for me, who I care for, and where I should stand and be with. For that, I am happy and grateful with what I have. I've even managed to get 3.53 in the first semester of college and learn to manage my money better.

For this year, there are new resolutions and there are resolutions that I'm keeping. With hope that I shall resolve this with the year of 2014 with more determination and reasons.

- I want to never lose another person I hold dear.
- I want to improve my body and find an efficient way to do so while managing my money properly.
- I want to open up to more people and stop being such a loner.
- I want to continue on writing and finishing this 365 writing prompts this year to prove myself of what I can do.
- I want to get back to Faith and seek for His forgiveness.
- I want to actually study and earn my exam results, not given.

There are a lot more that's unspoken here, and I hope and pray to accomplish all of them as fast as I can. And may I find what I seek for as my days as a teenager is approaching to an end. Amin.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers