Blogger Prompt : Stroke of Midnight

So as headstart so that whoever actually follow this blog won't get a heart attack due to sudden frequency of posts starting from today, I'm gonna do the 365 Days of Writing Prompts my friend gave me to encourage myself to start writing more and stop being a lazy douche bag. So yeah, the titles and some of the prompts might be altered to fit what I have in mind and I may still post personal stuffs outside the prompts whenever I need to, but in general, I'll be writing a blog post daily starting from 2014 and being a master procrastinator, I've missed 7 days already so I'll be doing 8 posts today (yay college for no class). I apologize in advance if each posts today don't feel much depth in the writing because it's hard to feel different things and write them down at the same time you feel me?

....okay wow that's a long intro. So lets start with what happened when the clock reached the Twelfth Hour at the midnight, signifying the end of 2013 and the start of 2014. At the stroke of midnight, in person, I was alone, in the bedroom facing my beloved laptop Yuon wrapped comfortably in blankets. It is a lonely life, as you might say, for an 18 year old boy to be alone on New Year Eve without even the presence of his family. My family aren't much like me in this perspective, they're normal people who sleep around 9pm, close the lights and wake up at 6 to start their lives. Being in a fishing village called Besut, I don't have many friends to hang out with to celebrate this occasion.

But online, I was chatting with people who I care much about and whom I am comfortable with. Despite being separated by hundreds of kilometres in distance, we're connected through this gift of modern technology. I was happy, chatting with people who like me as who I am and who I can be with, eventhough it isn't in real life. As the hour slowly ticks, I'm grateful to have met these people and wouldn't ask for nothing more than to hang out with them to celebrate this together. Even if it is in virtual reality.

Even after the hour fades and people start going to sleep, I spent the time thinking about how mysterious 2014 is for me and how I don't have any vivid idea what to expect in this particular year. Anna actually took the time to call me at 3am to wish me personally Happy New Year despite being busy with her own friends. I was grateful, and finally went to sleep with a smile on my face.

So was it where I'd wanted to be? No, I want to personally be there, crowded with my friends as we huddle together in anxiety of facing yet another year, wishing that we'll still be friends and nothing will change that, but after years of living alone, lonely and depressed, I can say that I'm grateful to even have them in the first place, and that I can chat with them online as we close the final chapter of 2013.

Dear friends,
You may or may not know this, but thank you. Thank you for being in my life, and thank you for letting me be in yours.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers