The Value of Songs

First of all, I do apologize for the previous post if it confused everyone. It was written to mirror what I've experienced in life so do understand why not everyone get the whole story *grins widely* I somehow hope that a miracle can happen and the person read it and understand it though but I guess there's no use in hanging on a thin thread of hope.

Aaaaaanyways, as I'm writing this, I'm listening to Worth It by Sam Tsui (great dude, awesome voice) and absorbing the lyrics while feeling the meaning of it. There's this one thing though, listening songs and doing other things that require focus never work well for me. I can do it, of course, but my concentration will be quite lower than what I can do at my optimum state so for things like writing this for example, I prefer silence for me to concentrate all that I can and not end up with a really messed up post heh. In my defence for listening to Sam Tsui, the song just ended, and I always listen to songs before writing as it puts me in mood.

Do listen to this though, it's fantastic.

Now back to topic. Music. It's a really curious thing isn't it? For the human mind finds melody as a manipulator to our moods, whenever we put it in our head and goes along with the tune. For people with trouble feeling emotions through normal everyday life like me, I find music as the closest alternative to how to feel in certain situations.

In a tune of songs, there are quite a number of things that should be noted concerning how it control our mind and manipulates it so. The most crucial thing of them all is of course, the tune itself. How is it composed, through the musical instruments that produce such beautiful sound, mixing together harmoniously, producing a sequence of notes that gets into your mind, changing your brainwave to the tune to whatever it is it want to express. The catchy-ness of a song depends mostly on the tune itself as the number one priority. How else did you think such weird songs like Oppa Gangnam Style and (God help me) The Fox had caught people's attention.

Yes, The Fox

But supporting that catchy tune is the content of the song itself. Many people suggest that lyrics play the main importance in a song but the existence of dubstep and such lyric-less songs (or lyrics that make no sense *ahem* WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY??? *ahem*) prove that it's to support the tune, to play along and get into the whole thing. Through the lyrics, we can feel what the composer want to express and the singer's feeling in the song itself.

Personal opinion time, personally I prefer a song a lot better when the singer put his/her soul into it, singing to their heart contempt and reaching the listener's kokoro (doki-doki XD sorry, had to put that into this sentence). This is the main reason why I disprefer dubstep. It's too........mechanic. Most are done through automatic needs, sorted out to produce a sequence of repeating blast that is harder to interpret (if there are any to interpret). And also, I've found myself being fond of Youtube covers of some songs whenever the original singer display less enthusiasm in such songs. For example, the song Radioactive (to those who actually like the original of this song, please don't kill me, here I'll give you the awesome cover of it instead).


In fact, I found nothing to hate about the song The Fox because the singer, eventhough how stoned high he was when writing and singing the song, put his passion into it, reaching deep into the feels and pulling out the sincerest of voice. Songs are rather a story, put in passion by the writer (composer) that created an interesting plot (tune) and then sugar-coated by the passion of the storyteller (singer) and be enjoyed within the less than 5 minutes song.

So perhaps, next time you listen to a song, do pay attention to all of these and you may enjoy a lot more fun in listening to them aye? (Dammit Farid Taqiuddin you side-tracked yet again. I AM MOST DISAPPOINTED IN YOU)

............that is all I guess, ciao

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers