Flirting (Because I can't think of a better title)

Yeap, I don't know any better title, believe it or not. And in my defence, I'm listening to BTOB through my headphone on full volume to cut off whatever the outside world's doing.

Okayyyy first of all, still sick, but I just realised to hell with acting like a sick guy and here I am, writing (or to be precise, whining). Hiiiiiiiiiii (and here I thought I can't think of yet another lame intro).


Imagine that there's a cute image of a smiling something here.
(I can't find a suitable image but can't help feeling there should be one)

Okay so lets talk about relationships. I'm a teenage boy living in a community where dating is something that's considered "common" and of course, raging hormones of us teenagers can't possibly stop us from trying to hunt for love (whether from the opposite gender, or for certain people, of the same gender). I can't deny that I never get in relationships before, in fact, I made a post before saying how I now have three failed relationships to haunt me for the rest of my life.

Hey, old meme but can't resist using it
But what annoys me is that how people of different gender can't be "just friends" due to this stupid thing called attractions. There's a research saying how it's technically impossible but I find it seriously annoying how everytime I try to get along well with girls, it'll be misunderstood as flirting. Not to mention the problems caused due to some misunderstood boyfriends or girls that simply cut me off because she's "taken".

*ahem*, miss, I'm a socially awkward, outcasted introvert with a really low self-confidence. I do not even dream of interrupting another's relationship so there's no need to make my self-confidence even lower. It's a sad case really, because I like being friends with girls because they're more sensitive and less one-dimensional compared to guys (in some perspectives, not all, and I'm only referring to the deep-thinkers). In fact, during my three years of being a social outcast, only the girls still put effort in trying to talk to me and make me feel like I'm still someone. Now, to get close to girls, I need to make sure they're single, open minded, and categorized under "family-zone".

I'm pretty sure I'm just whining here but still, it's kinda foolish for anyone to think that I'm even making attempts to flirt with girls. I can barely talk to people I don't know without feeling awkward, I have no idea how to flirt and I don't understand those "vague signs" girls show if they're interested in me. Then again, who even wants me, I'm a scrawny, scarred faced awkward dude with BBO (something I'm still struggling with) that prefers book over social interactions.

Then again, maybe I'm down-grading myself too much but yeah, that's how I feel most of the time. So now that's that out of the way, Imma go continue with my song therapy now so will write again soon (and hopefully this time, it's something that's less about me and more about beneficial things like maybe another Taqi's Guide).

Ciao~

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers