I'm Scared.

I'm scared. I'm scared of the world, scared of the people, scared of what is coming, what had past, what is happening, what's hidden and what's visible, what's true and what's fake.

I'm just...scared.

As I wake up in the morning, facing the world in a brand new day, gathering up courage to be a human and go through the routines that is presented itself to me, I'm scared. I'm scared for the fact that the day is passing by and the time is ticking, I'm scared of the life that's coming and an end that's certain, I'm scared for the fact that despite all that is shown in the world, it isn't all that is.

As words spoken by people around me, truth layered in lies to make it sound better and more comforting, masks put on to hide feelings that might be make their life harder, lying to even themselves for the best of interest. Bonds are make, flaws are covered, and lies...are spoken.


As I might've mentioned before I'm bestowed with a gift that makes me observant, noticing the little details and ripping through the veils of lies people cover in their daily life. Veils they aren't even aware exist, veils they intentionally drapes on for their own comfort, and veils to protect them from facing reality. I'm scared for the fact of how they march on with their daily lives, not even a slight hesitation, not even the littlest of doubt. People deceived, conflicts persist. Life would've been so much simpler, yet they think it's for the best.

I'm scared of myself, hypocritical and deceiving, self-righteous and self-centred. Claiming to be white and hide away the black, spots turning bigger yet ignorant and stubborn. Who am I? Which is the true me? I'm a coward and a loser, blaming the world as the world blames me. Unable to change, unable to be changed. I'm scared.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers