BOOKS GALORE

Hi.

Did I ever mentioned to you that I FREAKING LOVE BOOKS???
It's the most perfect way of escaping the harsh reality and jumping into the imaginary fantasy of realm where you enjoy every single bit of it. Back when I was outcasted by everyone in Form 1-3, books were the ones that kept me going. I bring books everywhere and use every opportunity that I get to jump back into the fictional world and escape. I'm a fast reader, I read about 800 pages per day if I want to so usually I finish up to two normal-thickness book in one day. I still remember one day in the school library when I was returning the books I borrowed yesterday to the librarian.

Me : Hi, I wanna return these books *put two thick books on the desk*

Librarian : Heh, gave up reading them already? It's not interesting enough for you?

Me : Actually, no. It's pretty awesome. I finished reading both and now I wanna borrow another two.

Librarian : ..............................

Speaking about libraries, whenever I get into a new school, I like to avoid going to the library at first for as long as I can. Not because I don't like libraries (I freaking love them by the way, and excuse me for the excessive usage of "freaking" because I don't think it's appropriate for me to swear here), it's simply because once I'm "introduced" to the library, that'll be my second home for the rest of the time I'll spend in the school.



Biggest dilemma for a spendthrift vampire

Born in a family that aren't book-enthusiast (except maybe my mother who read Malay-translated mystery books and my big sister who love magazines), I always have this problem of getting money to buy new books. Don't kill me but I don't even have a single Harry Potter book except a Malay-translated Order of The Phoenix that I begged from my mum to buy it. They think reading novels are a waste of time and helps me in nothing in term of productivity since I already have a "superior" mastery of English. So most of the time I borrow books from the library or my supporting teachers.
I read all kind of books but I find it more interesting to read about fantasy and mystery with whatever you can mix in it like science-fiction or perhaps horror. I dislike reading Malay novels because they're just too predictable with the same story-basis plus the language usage is so........formal. The second biggest dilemma of my life is being born in Kelantan where it's hard to buy English novels except in Popular store in KBMall.

HOWEVER (now it's time to explain why I'm so excited that I decided to write a post in about 24 hours after my last).
I recently discovered the fact that the Amcorp Mall in front of my hostel is the place where the BookXcess book store is in. BookXcess is a book store that sell rejected books (meaning those that didn't achieve the minimum quality needed to be on sale due to some minor errors) with very cheap prices. I don't mind the minor flaws, I care about the price. And after receiving the money my big brother owed me, it took me no time to buy THESE.
1. Complete collection of Lord of The Rings (black-and-gold 75th Anniversary Edition cover) plus The Hobbit
And yes this is my first time of getting a complete collection with SAME EDITION COVER 

LOOK AT IT. IT'S BEAUTIFULLLLL 
2. The Demonata Series Book 1-3 (I read all of them before but the cover is too good to resist)

The neat box that contain all 3



3. Felix J. Palma - The Map of Time (It's about time-travelling and it's under the Good Read section so why not?)


4. Chris Carter - The Executioner (reminds me of Dexter somehow, the psychopath, not the boy genius by the way, plus I love a good murder story)


5. Last but not least, Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol (also under Good Read plus I couldn't find Da Vinci Code)


Hope these books will last me till at least end of this year or else I might go on another crazy shopping spree for books and books cost money, eventhough they're cheap but together.......they kinda cost me a bit more than RM100 just now. I removed the price tags already though I don't wrap my books due to wise word from a wise bookworm that once said that the plastic might ruin the book. I'm taking good care of these new horcruxes that I've earned from sacrificing my money.

Because I'm a creative vampire :P and yes that's my bed pole 

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers